If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll notice I’m skipping weeks a bit and have gone from week 1 to week 3. This is because I’m not entirely pleased with how week 2’s Korean Beef bowls turned out and I need to tweak the recipe a bit before sharing.
This one, though, this is a really good one! There are a LOT of components and ingredients but when you actually get down to it, it’s really quick and easy to prepare. I also love the lightness and freshness of the whole dish, and the flavours are bright and hits all the high notes.
I’m definitely going to add this to the rotation for my lunch meal preps, along with the last recipe I shared on Chipotle Chicken.
Greek Chicken Tabouleh Bowls
Yield: 4 servings
Time to cook and prepare: 1 hour
Step 1: Prep and Cook the Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients and rub into chicken breasts
- Arrange on a foil covered baking tray and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken)
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest/cool slightly before slicing into them to assemble
Step 2: Assemble the tabouleh
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, white and pale parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I use a garlic crusher)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Season to taste
- Mix everything together in a large bowl
Step 3: Make the Tzatziki
- 1 cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (again, the crusher)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dill (I had to use dried as the supermarket was out of fresh)
- Combine all ingredients and resist the temptation to eat it all with a bag of crisps!
Step 4: Assemble!