Wake up in the morning feeling like J Lopez…
That’s right. Or at least, I woke up this morning feeling like what I think Jennifer Lopez feels like: Amazing.
I received an email from a friend about doing wedding cakes for a wedding that she’s planning. We’re still in negotiating mode, so I’m not entirely sure if it’s confirmed yet. However, I am really excited about this gig! Cupcakes, cute ruffled cake in adorable wedding colours and well… who doesn’t love wedding decor, right? Spent the morning discussing wedding cake designs and colours with her, and there’s a chance that I may be doing another wedding too…
I’m also going to be on leave for the next few days as I’m flying off to Miri for my cousin’s wedding. Definitely can’t wait for that as mum and I have sorted out a spa day for ourselves, and I’m going to find a way to visit Boat Club for their amazing margaritas and sunsets.
Before we get on to my recipes today… I have a random tidbit to share with you. You see, I’ve developed a rather bad habit:
I think it’s starting to get out of control… I’m obsessed with coming up with random names, and a few of the ones you see in the picture above are surprises my friends and colleagues have given me on the days that I’ve been too lazy/prissy to walk out in the heat (as you can imagine, those days are plenty where we live).
I’m running out of names to use though, and have resorted to using some rather unremarkable names. Give me your name lists, friends!
I was going to share a savoury recipe with you today, but upon reviewing the pictures, I realize they’re really dark and grainy, so I’m going to have to re-do those before sharing the recipe. So for today, I dug up an old recipe that I haven’t shared:
Orange Chocolate Chip cookies
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line your baking trays with parchment paper
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at a time
- Beat in the vanilla, orange extract, and zest
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon up a dollop of batter onto the baking trays, 2 inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges turn golden. Then cool on the tray for 5 minutes before allowing the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack
- Serve warm with a glass of cold milk. Yum!