This week our firm said goodbye to yet another one of our brethren, this one leaving for the greener pastures of the Food & Beverage industry! Tat has been making his own ice-cream for a while now, and he built quite the following here on our office floor; our freezer is constantly stocked with new flavours, and orders of favourite flavours (mine being Salted Caramel, yum!).
His official website will be coming up soon enough, along with his brand name and logo and stuff, which I will share the moment it’s ready. Amazing ice-cream, seriously, and the daily deliveries will be sorely missed.
For his last day at work, I whipped up a batch of super gooey and sinfully chocolatey Snickers Brownies. I found the recipe ages ago from one of the most beautiful food blogs I’ve come across – Poires au Chocolat. Been dying to try it out, but never got the chance until now… and boy-oh-boy, there’s no looking back!
- 110g unsalted butter
- 50g semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 110g light brown sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Snickers bars, chopped
- 20g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 20g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C and line and grease a 9×9 inch baking tin
- Melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a saucepan over a pot of simmering water
- Transfer the melted chocolate and butter mixture into a medium sized bowl, then dump in the sugars, flour, baking powder and eggs and stir until combined
- Stir in the chopped Snickers and chocolate
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for 35 minutes