The Happiness Initiative has been going fantastically well, and I think my constant smiling state has been pissing quite a few people off around the office. I’m sorry if I’m too perky in the morning, I’m sorry if I gush about how yummy my lemon and cucumber flavoured water is, I’m sorry cos I totally get it. I hate perky people! lol
4 days into THI and Alena and I are totally (I’ve also been using the word totally far too much) excited about trying the many different recipes we’ve found or just thrown together as a result of random stuff we have in the fridge.
Today, I’m going to share the recipe for Pistachio Baked Salmon fillets and Alena’s Mango Salsa:
Pistachio Baked Salmon fillets
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Ground pistachio (measurements relative)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C, and line a baking tray with foil
- Line the salmon fillets skin side down on the tray, lightly season with salt and pepper (very sparse, ok?)
- Spread dijon mustard over the top of the fillets, but also a light layer, then scatter ground pistachio to cover
- Pour lemon juice over all fillets, and drizzle sparsely with olive oil (I think I used about 1 1/2 tbsp or less)
- Then season once more with salt and pepper
- Pop into the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Alena
- 2 yellow mangoes, diced
- 1/2 a large cucumber, diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
I would never have paired salmon with mango salsa, but I suppose you learn something new every day.
Also, my cousin came up from Borneo this week with her daughter, who celebrated her 2nd birthday yesterday. I baked her a wittle rainbow chocolate cake, and she put on a Snow White costume and proceeded to be cute and princessy about the house! I think I’m in love, guys, seriously, this little girl with her apple cheeks and tinkling laughter just stole my heart. Baking for children who totally love your cake is my new high. Warning: I’m gonna be that aunt with the cake to all my friends kids.
2 thoughts on “A well balanced diet”
Hi, I'm a friend of Marissa's and she introduced me to your blog after I tasted your yummy cookies in the office today. I must know what were the dinosaur cookies I had? Was it just pure chocolate cookies? Is it in your recipe index? Must have morreeee…:)
Hey there! Wow! Makes me feel so fuzzy inside that people like my baked goodies 😀 The dino cookies were chocolate sugar cookies. I haven't posted the recipe up yet cos I forgot to take nice pictures of them lol, but I whipped up another batch last night so will post the recipe up today I think. Should be up by the end of the day, it's really easy, and hope you try the recipe this weekend. Thanks for dropping by!