- Chocolate. A whole year’s worth of chocolate, in different flavours, textures, and intensity ratings.
- Coffee. Duh.
Cigarettes. Oh no, and here I was trying to quit.You know what? Scratch that off the list. I don’t need that shit.
- Music Playlist. Includes a whole lot of Zee Avi, James Morrison, random Indie bands, Chopin, One Direction, etc
- Painkillers for my back
- That said, I’m throwing in an orthopedic back pillow
- Handbag sized notebook for emergency jottings
- A ball pen, less risk of leaking like that stupid Lamy fountain pen
- Tea leaves coming out the wazoo
- Comfy kaftan dresses
- My writing buddy, Little Di (good thing she’s pocket sized)
- Quick cupcake recipe for much needed dessert and baking hits
- A desk calendar
As if I didn’t have enough on my plate already with a full time day job, a slowly growing baking business on the side, choir practice, and a sham of a social life to keep up with… I – along with thousands of overachieving fools around the world – signed up for NaNoWriMo. Again.
This will be the 4th year that I am making this attempt, and I have a good feeling for this year. I might just be able to do it. Even if I don’t make that 50k mark, I am damn well going to make it close enough to touch!
I have prepared my Emergency NaNoWriMo Kit, to be broken in case of emergency – or not even an emergency, it’s just a collection of things that I think will come in handy over this coming month:
You know what? I think that’s it for now. I may come back and revise this, but as NaNo says: turn off the inner editor.
So before I potentially disappear into my writing nook, I’m going to share this picture of rainbow frosted cupcakes with you:
Just kidding. I’ll have a proper recipe up this weekend, regardless that I need to write 5678 words by my Monday Back-Up.