Well can’t you see that it’s just raining?
There ain’t no need to go outside…
But there is a need to make some hot pancakes, cover them in maple syrup and proceed to eat them in your over-sized t-shirt while catching up to Comedy news on a Sunday morning! Whether it’s with a loved one, on your own, or in my case, with a brood of siblings and both parents, homemade banana pancakes fresh off the pan is definitely one of my favourite ways to have quality time with myself over the weekends.
I’ve been searching for the Perfect Banana Pancake recipe all my life, have tried many – almost two recipes per week! – and now… I believe I may have found it. This is definitely the one I want to spend the rest of my life doing nothing with, folks, just… me, these pancakes, and morning TV…
We don’t need to we got everything
We need right here
And everything we need is enough…
So happy Sunday, friends, hope you make a batch of these delicious pancakes, and don’t do anything too taxing, you know? Just take the day for yourselves, sit around in your PJs until four, then shower and get into a fresh set of PJs.
These Banana Pancakes will take you all of 5 minutes to prepare, and then flip at your own pace.
Wake up slow…
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp butter, browned
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, then set aside
- Pop the bananas, buttermilk, eggs, honey, browned butter and vanilla in the food processor and whizz until incorporated
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and you can be lazy like me and just beat with the paddle attachment for 3 to 5 minutes, or stir until combined. Let the batter sit for 5 to 10 minutes to ensure fluffiness!
- Heat your pan, and I like to use a smidge of Crisco shortening in between pancakes cos they produce slightly crunchy edges (I find). Then just scoop up with an ice-cream scoop and flip
Just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Don’t really need to pay attention to the alarm
Wake up slow, yeah, wake up slow
2 thoughts on “Banana Pancakes”
Banana pancakes are an appetizing way for kids and adults to enjoy the health benefits of this food