I love burgers; I love meat and I love cheese. I’ve been craving burgers almost everyday of this fasting month, and considering I dislike crowds, waiting, and flat mass-produced burger patties, I decided to make my own patties!
Two weeks ago, I made a beef and zucchini burger, but didn’t manage to take any pictures. I will simply have to recreate that recipe so I can share it with you good people *sigh* it’s a hard knock life.
Last weekend, however, I made a burger patty using a different recipe. It’s really fun to try to make your own burger patties, especially when I can put in whatever the hell I want to!
Beef and Onion Burger
- 1 pound of good quality minced australian beef
- 1/2 a big yellow onion, chopped (I chopped mine a bit chunky because I like the crunch)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp HP Sauce (or any preferred brown sauce)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (use your hands, don’t be afraid to get messy)
- Split into balls and get into desired size and shape
- Grill/Fry (I prefer grilling) for about 8 minutes on each side, if you want to add cheese, then put it on while you’re cooking the second side
It turned out quite well, though a bit small (I realise now that I should have made it bigger as it’ll shrink with the heat). Am definitely going to try this one again next time we have a barbecue.
Serve up on your bread of choice (I used an english muffin), with some fresh, crisp lettuce, onions, sauteed mushrooms, and Heinz ketchup. It has to be Heinz.