I found this recipe on tidymom a while ago, and it’s been on a my to-do list ever since. I just never had the time to get it done, or to be honest, I just got distracted by other recipes. However, last week we had a farewell do for a friend and colleague, and knowing she’s got quite the sweet tooth, I felt like bringing her a little home-made gift.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3/4 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim milk)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix the lemon cake mix, whipped cream, milk, and egg until just combined
- Using a tea-spoon, drop scoops of the dough into powdered sugar and roll with a spoon to cover
- Place on the parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes
The recipe is so simple, and yet soooo satisfying. Try one the moment it comes out of the oven, trust me when I say that burning your tongue may just be worth it. It took me exactly twenty minutes to prepare the cookies, from step 1 to tasting.